Friday, January 30, 2009

HERE I AM ALIVE

By Richard E. Noble

It's funny,
here I am alive,
and tomorrow I'm going to die,
and nobody knows that I have ever actually been here.

Nobody knows me.

It is like I sneaked in over the fence
when the world was closed.

I stood on the field ...

I held the ball ...

I played the game ...

but the roaring crowd never was, and no one saw me.

I've been here ... and there ...

and nobody has seen me come or go.

And when I die ...

nobody will care, or ask ..."God ...Why?"

I've worked like a fool,

and I haven't accomplished a darn thing.

I haven't been here.

I've hidden myself away, inside ...

And here I am alive ... and tomorrow I'm going to die,

and nobody will really know that I've ever actually been here.

And sometimes, I wonder ...

is there anyone who will really care?

No comments: